Everything's Bigger in Dallas..

Especially my smile.. Just walking in my old front door put a huge smile on my face. The car ride was a little rough.  Being alone for sev...

Especially my smile..

Just walking in my old front door put a huge smile on my face.

The car ride was a little rough.  Being alone for seven and a half hours can really bring a lot of deep thoughts to the surface.

At first I had a really good cry, and felt like this:



only instead of a phone booth, it was my car! and instead of losing just a dog, I lost a dog, a boyfriend, and a few great people that I could call family.

But after I cried it all out of my system, I turned the music on, and danced up a storm until I saw the W hotel.  It looked a little like this:




Only I like to think I have better moves then the both of them put together haha

I was a little reclusive when I first showed up.  I have been like that all week when I have some alone time.  But after a nice shower, and some cuddle time with Leighton, I was back to my normal self.

Katy, Ryan, Jeff and I had a nice little BBQ!  Steak, chicken, fish and some grilled vegetables like potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms and onions.. and of course Ryan's famous guacamole had my appetite completely back to normal.  My stomach had no idea what was coming!  Leighton just had some good old fashioned breast milk =)

Jeff is a guy that Katy and I met two 4th of July's ago at the apartment pool.  Like the rest of us, he is also from Kansas City.  When I first moved down here he was my go to man.  It took me a while to find a job down here.  When I did, I was only working nights.  With Katy and Ryan working days, Jeff stepped in and became my pool buddy.  It was really nice getting to hang out with him lastnight.  I forgot how much fun I can have with friends, especially my guy friends.  I get along with guys a lot more than I do girls, but I feel like I seperated myself from a lot of my guy friends with Chris so that I could assure him that he could trust me.  I don't know why that made sense to me.  Looking back now, I realize how stupid that sounds.  I mean Chris never gave up his good girl friends, and I'm very glad he didn't.  1. Because I trust him and 2. I LOVE his girlfriends!  I consider most of them a good friend to me.

Here is the fourth of July before I moved to Dallas:


Me, Katy and Avery

Avery, Jeff and me

 
Anyways, I had a fun time.  We ate good food, drank beer and wine, and listened to Jeff's CRAZY ramblings, and watched Dinner for Schmucks  (Yes, I've seen the movie so many times, but it never gets old.  I love Paul Rudd, and I love Steve Carell, so we enjoyed watching it)

I think my favorite part of the night was Leighton.  To see Ryan and Katy with her just makes me so happy.  I know I'm going to be a good mommy when I'm ready for that stage in my life because I enjoy every little thing babies do.  I don't care if it's spit up, poopy diapers and crying nonstop.  I LOVE it.  It's probably what's kept me working at the pediatrician's office this long.  With people in life, they have to prove something to you before you can fall in love with them.  With babies, all you have to do is hold one and it's an instant love.  It's incredible.  I have a couple pics of our little "mini schmee"  (Katy and I call eachother "Schmee" .. I honestly couldn't tell you how we came up with that, but I wouldn't doubt that there was probably some wine involved haha.  So Leighton is now our mini schmee)

Here are some pics::



This is Leighton's "Milk Coma"


I know, right?  Cutest thing in the world!!

Makes me miss my babies =)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images