Sew what?

I have decided to take up the incredible art ot SEWING.  I know what everyone's thinking.  But trust me.. In a year or so, I should be a...

I have decided to take up the incredible art ot SEWING.  I know what everyone's thinking.  But trust me.. In a year or so, I should be a master at it! =) haha that's a joke!

But in all seriousness, I am wanting to learn how to sew.

Not because one time, a button fell off a pair of jeans, and my ex boyfriend was the one who sewed it back on (as if that weren't embarrassing enough) haha.

It's because I am really wanting to create a quilt.  My great, great grandma made one and a lot of my childhood memories include cuddling up with that thing.  It's so old and worn.  I love that.  I want to make my own quilt, so that when I get married and have kids, they can snuggle up to it during family movie night, or when they're not feeling well and want to lay around and watch tv all day.  Or when they're just cold and want something to keep them warm.  I think that would be such a great thing for them to find comfort in something that is made and delivered by someone in the family.  And as much as I'd love to keep handing down my great great grandma's, I would like to start handing down one of my own.

I have been doing a little bit of research and have narrowed my quilt learning to two types of quilts...

1. Echino patchwork quilts...

2. striped quilting


and if I 'WOW' myself, I might try to make a couple of pillows like this..




Luckily for me, I know quite a few people with some pretty great sewing skills (that's probably the reason I never took up learning how to sew anything until now)  But I'm hoping they might be able to give me a few pointers or so!

This will take me some time, but I promise; someday you will see a blog post with a quilt I made, all by myself =)


IN OTHER CRAFT NEWS

Remember when I was trying to find something cool to do with my dresser mirrow, that I no longer needed with my dresser?  Well I finally came up with a good idea.  I will be doing it after my semester is over, and I don't want to spoil the creative juices, so I will just leave you with this..

It's large
It's in charge,
and it will represent an animal in the animal kingdom!

Sooo excited.  I have also decided what I will use it for... A friend of mine was asking me if I had a makeup area with a table and mirror.  And it just so happened I didn't.  But I do now!! So that mirror will be transformed into it's new design.  I have the perfect chair to go with it.  The only thing I'm trying to decide is if I want to buy a table or if I want to do something a little more creative with the wall surrounding the mirror.  Stay tuned, I'll have pictures once it's done! =)

That's really all I have for today.  I know I still need to blog about a couple of fun things that I have done in the past month or so.  I will catch up eventually.  Until then, Have a great weekend!!

Thanks for reading,
TK


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images