You Are The Apple To My Pie

Once again, I don't have much time!! It's nearing the end of my semester and I am a busy bee trying to get everything done so I'...

Once again, I don't have much time!! It's nearing the end of my semester and I am a busy bee trying to get everything done so I'm not giving myself an anxiety attack during finals week.  But I will share a little bit more of my Thanksgiving week.

As you know, I went to Dallas for my Thanksgiving.  I was sad that I left my family, but I was able to talk to them a BILLION times each day!  They even sent me pics while I was away...

"Happy Gobble Gobble Day" from the family

But I got to spend time with my second family!!



My high school best friend and my college best friend both live in Dallas.  Annnd I was lucky enough to get to celebrate Thanksgiving with both of them!  Talk about being thankful, huh?

We even started a fun tradition.  Yes, those are footed pajamas. and yes, they were comfortable (but a little warm)

Thursday was full of friends, food and laughter!

I made my very first pie! (Apple, of course)

Here is a pic before it went into the oven

and after (the top burnt a little but it was pretty good!)

The vegetarian taking care of the turkey.  So proud of her!! This was a big step in her life.

Jeff's green bean casserole, turkey and rolls

Amanda's stuffing and macaroni corn casserole (Mmm)

Garlic mashed taters =)

Kelsey was in charge of the "MiRmosas"

Friday I enjoyed some Jeff time.  We went to the Omni for a little Arkansas/LSU action, played some bags at an Ice House (Can't remember the exact name) and ended our evening with some dinner at Blackfriar so I could see Kelsey one more time before she left for Kansas.  The day went by way too fast.  I enjoy spending time with him.  He makes me smile.

Saturday, I spent it doing a lot of nothing with Katy (which is usually my favorite thing to do with her)  We have a talent with taking normal, ordinary days and turning them into our favorite days to remember.  There was a lot of XOXO Gossip Girl, a scary dog that almost made me crap my pants (I'm sure she'd agree with me), and a new favorite game.  We went for a nice little run to the gym, had a wonderful workout, and somehow came home with 5 new memories and a new handshake!  We always joke about how reality tv would die to have a show about us.  But every time I hang out with her, I believe it even more!  We are so strange when we are together!  I love it, =)

After we got home from the gym, we walked into the front door to a pitch dark home minus the fireplace lit with a crackling fire.  (Ryan and Jeff like their alone time) haha.  But in all seriousness, it was the perfect ending to my Thanksgiving vacation.  Ryan, Katy, Jeff and I had dinner, made s'mores by the fire, and watched a good movie.  I always LOVE having the four of us together.  I think Katy and I have good abs solely because listening to Jeff and Ryan talk to each other puts us in a constant state of laughing.

Oh, and the three of us convinced Jeff that it would be a good idea to try Katy's breastmilk =)  He looks so nervous!

Jeff in charge of some "Golden-Brown" s'mores

I can't imagine my life without her!

Ryan and Jeff like their marshmellows BLACK! (gross)

My weekend ended with a family Chiefs night at Arrowhead once I got back into KC


Two more weeks and I'll be school free for a month or so!  My DIY list has gotten pretty big and I'm extremely excited to do them, take pics and share them with you!

Until next time,
TK


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. glad you had a great thanksgiving! Hope I am involved sometime during your month off :)
    Love you!
    Love Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course!! I'm going to have so much time on my hands, you're going to be annoyed of me haha =)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images