Shape Up Or Ship Out

Tennis.. MY NEW FAV HOBBY I'm really not very good at it.  But it's a lot of fun, and I have the best teacher ever! I may have to...

Tennis.. MY NEW FAV HOBBY
I'm really not very good at it.  But it's a lot of fun, and I have the best teacher ever!


I may have to add that to my list of top things to do that are fun and yet still help me keep excess fat to a minimum!!

After playing some tennis tonight with Evan, I thought it would be fun to post my 5 top favorite types of exercise in case anyone is looking for something new to do.

1. Running (I'm aware that most people would not agree with me that running is "fun".)  But running is always a great way for me to have some alone time and to reflect on my day.  It's very rare that I come home from a run wishing I would have done something else.  It's refreshing, soothing to the soul and a great way to get my daily dose of cardio in.

2. ZuMBa.  'Nuf said!  I absolutely love doing zumba.  After my breakup with Chris, working out became my way of coping.  I happened to get in the best shape of my life over the summer.  Yes having a trainer was helpful, but I also give a lot of credit to my zumba classes.  I did 4, sometimes up to 6, zumba classes a week.  I absolutely enjoy the workout.  It's an hour of dancing and moving my hips!  What a perfect type of exercise for me.  I mean.. I'm the girl that you see dancing in her car by herself, down the isles of grocery stores by herself, and really just anywhere (even by herself) =)

3. Tennis.  I just enjoy the fact that I'm not that great at it.  I'm a pretty competitive person, so it's exciting for me when I come across something I SUCK at.  I give myself a hard time and tend to become obsessed with it until I'm the best I can be at it.  I foresee tennis being my goal to perfect this winter!!

4.  Dancing in the clubs.  Not only is it fun to dance in front of the mirror at home, but I always have such a great time going out dancing.  I don't care if I'm doing a river dance, or doing the c walk.  It's all so much fun for me.  I have noticed that when I go out dancing, I don't drink as much!  So not only am I having a good time with my friends and meeting new people on the weekends, I'm also staying hydrated and dancing the earlier alcoholic beverages off!

5.  A good old fashioned trainer.  I was very blessed to get to have the trainer I had over the summer.  He is such a great guy!  He knows how to push me without pushing my buttons!!  I learned a lot from him and thanks to him, I'm able to go work out and use a lot of the equipment without looking like an idiot.  And even though the other 4 favs are more cardio-based, I believe it is extremely important to get circuits and weights in!  He is another reason as to why I'm in the best shape of my life! so yay! =)

I will leave you with a quote from Ellen Degenerous..

"It is important to stay in shape.  My grandma, she started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60.  She's 97 now and I have no idea where the hell she is."

(love her)

Does anyone have any fun exercises that they'd like to tell me about?  I love getting out there and trying new things but sometimes I'm horrible at thinking of things to try.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images