Half Full? More like Overflowing!

I would first like to start off with telling you just HOW great my parents are.  My family went up to Nebraska to celebrate Christmas with b...

I would first like to start off with telling you just HOW great my parents are.  My family went up to Nebraska to celebrate Christmas with both sides of the family (a tradition of polish poker, "na na na na, goodbye" singing, Milwaukee Weiner House, Rosie's Pizza, presents, laughter, and of course some good old fashioned family time).  I was unfortunately unable to attend due to work and school responsibilities.  They left early yesterday morning, and when I was done getting ready for work, I grabbed my purse and headed out the door.  I noticed an envelope in my purse that was not there the night before.  When I opened it, I saw a letter from my mom and dad.  It was the sweetest letter I've gotten since they wrote my "graduation" letter.  It brought me to tears.

People grow up with so many aspirations in life.  So many goals and desires to accomplish.  I think one desire that EVERYONE has but may not realize it is the opportunity to look back on your life and think that your parents are proud of the person you've become.  It is such a rewarding feeling that my parents are happy with the person I've turned out to be.  I wouldn't be who I am today without them, and anyone else who has come into (or out of) my life.

I have to be honest with you all:  In the past, I have been the type of person to show bitterness towards the 'not so great' things that have happened in my life.  But I believe that time and the art of maturing has given me a different outlook on what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen in my life.  The last month or so has really opened my eyes to what life really has to offer.  I feel like there's this strange Englishman in my head saying "By golly, I think she's got it".  haha!

And for the times when I feel like all of this talk is for the birds?  Well, I have promised myself to take a step back from reality and remember this:

One night I had a dream--
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
one belonged to me and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way,
but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
"I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
you should leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering.
"When you saw only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."


-Mary Stevenson

Happy December to you,
TK

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images