SPaRKLiNG GLiTTeR WaY uP HiGH, FiReWoRKS LiGHT uP THe SKY!

Happy Fourth of July, Everyone!! (even though I'm about an hour late) I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! I Started off m...

Happy Fourth of July, Everyone!!
(even though I'm about an hour late)

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!

I Started off my weekend a little early.  Chanell had been planning to move on July 2nd to Atlanta, where she will be attending PA school (SO proud of you for getting in).  And as happy as I am for her and her wonderful adventures she is about to experience, I am very sad that she is gone.  She has been my shoulder, my rock, my words of wisdom and my favorite dance buddy for a little while now.  To congratulate with her and to have one last hoorah before she left me, we went to what became our favorite place to go together; The Boom Boom Room at the Dirty B-Sider, formerly known as Brooksider.  I had a wonderful time getting to see her once more before she left me!  We had fun and danced quite a bit before saying our goodbyes!  I only got one picture of us that night =(

I cried when she left, and I felt like such a baby.  It made me smile when she texted me the next day to tell me she cried on the way home that night, too!  (I always knew there was a reason I liked her)

The next day I headed off to Dallas!  I bought the tickets a while back.  Knowing that I would not be apart of the Jagoda July Festivities anymore made me a little upset so I made sure that I spent the holiday in my second hometown.  Sometimes, all you need is your best friend to help you cope with things like that.  And she did a wonderful job.  (PROUD-UH-YOUUU Schmee haha)

Friday night was a nice relaxing night.  Never a dull moment in the Burkart home.  Schmee and I are still curious as to why there hasn't been a reality tv show offer to record our lives when we're together.  We would help make thousands of viewers laugh at some of the crazy things we do together.  Something as simple as going to the store to get some bottles of wine gives people (or the store security guards) the need to know what's going on down isle 12.  But don't worry Mr. Officer, it was only the backwards moonwalk (which happens to face forward)

Saturday was highly eventful as well.  After some much needed pool time with Schmee, I headed to the Rangers stadium to watch a little baseball.  I went with Jeff (Our good friend who is ALSO from Kansas)  We met him two years ago today, actually, and a couple of his friends.  We had a wonderful time.  We sat behind home plate and to the left a smidge, second row.  It was awesome.  I loved it!  I am such a sports fanatic.  I don't always like to watch certain sports on television, but get me out to the actual game and I'm in heaven.  It's such a fun atmosphere!  Here are some pics at the game.

That's Brian, Heather, Moi and Jeff.  Great people, had a lot of fun with them!

That's Bonfacio from the Marlins.  Loved his name, and I helped him out with a pocket issue, so even though I was supposed to be cheering on the Rangers, number 1 and I became good friends =)

Pretty close, huh?  Loved it!

After the LONGEST game ever, we decided to head up to this incredibly country, hick town bar called Red River.  Pretty fun!! For once, someone actually had to show me how to do a dance.  Jeff taught me the two step that night.

It's all smokey in there from something (Not cigarettes, though)

There's a reason why I don't wear stripes!  Anyway, that's my partner in crime on the "river" dance floor

The four of us

Sunday and Monday were pretty much spend at the Feherty Household.  I have been to their home plenty of times while Schmee would dog sit, but it was nice to actually get to meet the Feherty's.  As I've probably mentioned before, David Feherty is the Irish golf commentator.  Very nice, down to earth man!  His wife, Anita, is WONDERFUL!  She is a fantastic woman!  Their daughter, Erin is something else!  I can't get over how beautiful she is, and so mature for a thirteen year old!  The best part about her is her personality.  It is the same kind of humor that Schmee and I have, so the three of us become little kids when we're together!  I am so happy that I got to meet the Feherty's because they have become such a big part of Katy's world.  And anyone who is important to Katy is important to me.  And I can totally see why she love's them so much!  Here are a few pics..

Katy and Erin (They look like they could be sisters)

This is Lola... Lola decided to take my lawn chair and catch some rays.

Katy, Erin and I eating Mrs. Feherty's DELICIOUS lunch on their screened in porch

July 4th = Willie's "Birfday"  Happy 14!!

Erin and her friend Savannah sporting their bday hats!

Lola think's that Leighton is her baby! She get's very protective of her!

Ziggy; My favorite of the Feherty pups!

Ziggy giving me a BIG smacker!  I always HATED dog kisses.  Even when Lily tried to give me some I'd usually back away a little bit.  Having Jackson for a month kinda changed that for me.  Now I LOVE puppy kisses, even though it still looks gross!
That tongue is ginormous!

One of my favorite things about getting to go to Dallas was seeing my sweet little mini schmee (Leighton)  I was able to go see her for her one month bday, and coinsidentily I also got to be there for her two month bday as well.

Sleeping in her little baby bjourn (or however you spell it!)

Why does she have to be so gosh darn precious?  I'm so sad that I can't be there ALL THE TIME to see her =(

OMG heaven! I literally walked around and rocked her in my arms for about 45 minutes, she slept so well.  I learned two things:  I'm better with babies than I give myself credit for and my arms are definetly not prepared for motherhood yet!  I think my arms were numb for most of the afternoon! haha

So yea, overall a delightful independence weekend.

Can't wait to go back and see my second home/second family again.  Miss you guys already!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images