Reason Why I Love Fall #3

FOOD Yeah, the summer salads and fresh fruit smoothies are fantastic during the summer.  But for some reason, around the end of the summe...


FOOD

Yeah, the summer salads and fresh fruit smoothies are fantastic during the summer.  But for some reason, around the end of the summer, I lose my appetite for anything other than soups and slow cooked meals.  But for the most part, it's usually too hot outside to really enjoy these warm meals.  So I absolutely love it when the temperature starts to drop a little and the soup and chili dinners become a usual in the household.  I also enjoy a good BBQ but what's the point of it if you can't sit outside and enjoy the weather during the hot, hot summer days??


Not only does the taste of these foods satifsy my cravings, but the smells that linger throughout the household are soothing to me as well.  I love smelling the ingredients travel from the crockpot to the four corners of the house.  I don't know why, but it just gives me this feeling of serenity.

I also start to get excited for THANKSGIVING.  My favorite fall meal of all time!!  Not only because I get to eat and watch my boys (Reason for Loving Fall #1) play some ball, but because I love everything my mom, aunts, and grandma make in the kitchen.


Now some of you know that I'm not the greatest cook in the world, and even fewer may know that I really could care less about knowing how to cook.  But lately, I've been spending my free time (what little time I DO have) with someone that does enjoy cooking.  The fact that we are both contributing to our dinner has made it much more appealing and fun.  I've actually come home on nights that I don't have class until 10 pm to make something just to get some extra practice in.  We have made some pretty good meals so far.  I'd have to say that when we venture away from the recipe and start to do our own thing, the meal tends to be even better than we expected.  I will have to start blogging what meals we make with our recipe "edits".

That's all I have for tonight!

Thanks for reading,
TK

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images