Long Story Short

Weekends just aren't long enough to get the fun stuff done.  I get just enough time to finish work/school projects.  When will I ever ge...

Weekends just aren't long enough to get the fun stuff done.  I get just enough time to finish work/school projects.  When will I ever get the time to be able to do my crafty/personal reading projects?  Who knows!?!?

As you probably assumed, I didn't get to finish my mosaic project!  Don't worry.  I assure you that I will get it done before I turn 50! (maybe) =)

I also didn't decide what I want to do with my mirror.. any ideas???  Seriously, if you take a look at my mirror (a couple of posts down) and think of something fun and creative to do with the frame of it, let me know!  I'm idea-less!

In case you were wondering...


I'm currently in my first semester of the Legal Studies/Paralegal Program.  There are a few things that I didn't expect to happen that are happening; 1. It's all going just a little too easy for me.  Some of the homework and reading can be a little time consuming.  But overall, I find myself wondering if I've forgotten to do things, or if maybe I didn't do a good job because it didn't take very long to do.  That scares me a little because I am usually the type that has to over exert my studying habits to pick up on what I'm trying to learn.  But I seem to be pulling it all off very well.  I think my lowest grade so far is a 98%.  2. I am loving a majority of the people that I spend most of my time with.  Because it's a specialized program that only allows certain people to take the courses, I tend to have a lot of courses with the same people.  I'm developing relationships with a few of them that I think will be lasting.

I started my internship back in the beginning of September at a criminal defense law firm.  Because I'm getting my bachelors in Criminal Justice, and I tend to always place myself on the side of the District Attorney, I find this role of criminal defense an amazing opportunity to really see both sides of the spectrum.  On top of that, I LOVE the lawyers that I am interning for.  And the paralegal is great!!  They are so down to earth and fun.  What I like most about them is how much they treat each other like family.  I have enjoyed getting to know them, getting to know how the office works, and getting to see some fun court "happenings".  I look forward to the rest of my semester with them!

I'm finally taking a vacation!! It's a ways away, but I am already counting down the days!! =)  I have yet to go to this resort, but I've heard great things!  And I believe I stayed at a sister resort of theirs during senior spring break.. Here's a pic of Sandos in Playa del Carmen


I wish I could go right now! =)

My marathon is less than a month away.  I am starting to get extremely nervous about it.  For the last week and a half I've been fighting off a minor chest cold.  I have had to use an inhaler in order to catch my breath after a long flight of stairs at school (That's extremely embarrassing to say, btw) but because of my lack of ability to breathe in and out, I haven't been running very much.  I have had this goal in my head to finish this HM with an average time of 8.15 miles.  I figure that's a good goal for the first one.  But I'm starting to wonder if my lack of running will affect my overall time!  As much as I'd like to get out there and run like crazy, I know I need to take things slow until my chest cold has put up its white flag!  Cross your fingers!  I want to be able to finish this HM with my goal accomplished!

I'd love to give more updates but I'm tired.  And I have all kinds of fun things I get to do tomorrow with work, interning ANNND school.  So long, folks!

I hope everyone has an amazing week!! Yay for the first week of FALL!!

Thanks for reading,
TK

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images