Autism: Beyond the Diagnosis

I don't have much time to talk because I'm in super study mode which doesn't occur all that often!  :)  So I'll make this q...

I don't have much time to talk because I'm in super study mode which doesn't occur all that often!  :)  So I'll make this quick and to the point!

I really wanted to share this with my blog readers, because I know some of you are passionate about people like I am.

As most of you know, I work in a pediatrician's office.  I've worked there for six years now.  (wow, it feels weird to say that)  I love all the kids that go there; from newbies to the ones that probably should have switched to an adult doctor years ago.  They all have taught me something in one way or another.  But the patients that tend to affect me the most have been the patients who have been diagnosed and are going about their daily lives with autism.  There is one in particular (as you know I'm not allowed to mention any medical information and/or names due to HIPPA) who I love to see.  She brightens my day, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that everytime I see her, she acts as though I am the one brightening HER day!  I have become close with her, to a point where I check to see when her next appointment is to make sure I can help check her in that day.  I believe that everyone has a special person in their life that helps us remember the important things in life; the true meaning of happiness.  She is my reminder.  If only she could come into our office on a daily basis, right?  Fortunately for her, she's healthy enough to not be in our office too often.  I have gotten to be familiar with a lot of diagnoses while working in the office, but I've always wanted to learn more about autism.  There is such a misconception out there due to all the celebrity books, faulty research, and people putting their "not so scholarly" opinion into professional journals.  So when I was pulling up a website and saw this, I got pretty excited...




Click on the link above for more information.

I know I'm excited to learn more about this diagnosis, but if you're interested, I strongly suggest taking some time out of your weekend to learn more, too!!  This event is October 7th and 8th!!

Thanks for reading,
TK

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images