!No Jaded Girls Allowed!

It's crazy, the things I find out even after all the time that has passed.  I thought I knew all I could about this person; the good, th...

It's crazy, the things I find out even after all the time that has passed.  I thought I knew all I could about this person; the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful.  Turns out some are much better at hiding things than I was aware of.  But than again, maybe I'm just naive like some say I am.  Am I hurt?  Yes.  Will I get over it?  In time.  One thing I enjoy about myself is this:  Ya, I might be naive, and I'm sure I don't always get what people's real intentions are in the beginning (or in the end for that matter).  But at the end of the day, I don't let negative people and negative experiences control me.  I will never allow myself to be jaded by the people that aren't true to themselves and others.  But maybe I should have been more cautious.  I knew this person's history because they were gracious enough to share it with me.  And even though most people would have taken that information and just pinned this person as a particular type of being, I didn't.  I used my "Innocent until proven guilty" motto like I do with everyone else.  Just because people make mistakes, doesn't mean they have to carry that mistake with them for the rest of their life.  So with me, I always do my best to keep everything a blank slate from the beginning.  I can't say that I'm always great at it, but I'm only human.  There were things that happened, instances that should have had a bright yellow sign saying "FLAG" in big letters.  But I trusted, and I'm okay with that.  There's nothing wrong with trusting.  All I can say is that I hope I don't have to be face to face with this person for a very long time.  I was able to forgive in my heart, but it will take time to forget.  Until then, I will go about my life; letting others in, and allowing myself to trust them as I did this person.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images