Bragging Rights

Today has been and will be a great day!  So why not brag a little?  I've been studying in the library and I needed a small break so I th...

Today has been and will be a great day!  So why not brag a little?  I've been studying in the library and I needed a small break so I thought I'd get all my excitement out on here so I could get back to studying without my mind in twelve other places!

Bragging Rights Reason #1: Jeff

He continues to surprise me every single day.  Even as friends his personality surprised me.  He was and is always a creative thinker and sometimes says or does something that you would never expect.  So it really shouldn't have surprised me when our friendship became a relationship that he would still put the "wow factor" in my head.  But he sure manages to do just that.  He always seems to have 5 tricks up his sleeve.  I think that's what I enjoy most about him.  I've always said that I need to be more laid back and I need to relax more and just "go with the flow".  With him, I've certainly adapted to that behavior, and I'm really enjoying the person I am when I allow myself to be that way.  I guess I have his spontaneous characteristics to thank.

Over Fourth of July weekend he surprised me with his dance moves at Red River.  He actually had to teach me a thing or two that night.  True story!
He surprised me when he showed up at Lion's Den.
His ability to make s'mores, play bags (and win, even though I don't like admitting it), and to capture all of my attention without me getting bored was astonishing over Thanksgiving.
His skills with guitars, singing, and making me feel safe and appreciated still floor me on a daily basis.
His enjoyment of the arts (even though his boss doesn't think it exists) when taking me to A Christmas Carol was a nice surprise.
New years was full of surprises;  Purple passion, overcoming his fear of heights, learning his likes and dislikes, and learning where he gets his personality from while having brunch with his brother and sister-in-law.
My Birthday he surprised me with a secret destination trip to Fort Worth for some authentic Mexican (Mmm I miss those margaritas) and dancing at Billy Bobs, a mani/pedi for Schmee and me, a dinner with friends and a beautiful birthday cake with SURPRISE: trick candles, and a picture frame with my name spelled out with letters from around Dallas.

I appreciate the time and preparation it takes for him to put these thoughtful acts to life.  Even the smallest little thing that I'm sure he doesn't realize he's surprising me with just blows my mind away.  It's hard that he lives so far away.  But the things we do when we're together are so wonderful so the times when we have to be apart really aren't as bad as I sometimes think they are.

Today, he surprised me with a video containing a "homework assignment".  I have a week to study and finish this assignment before I am tested on it.  So adorable.  I'll let you know if I pass my test!

Bragging Rights Reason #2: Friends

As some of you may know from a couple of posts back, Someone very close to me was diagnosed with Cancer.  I sometimes hate that I work in the healthcare field because there are certain things that I'm aware of such as: if kids have chronic leg pain but they aren't injury related or growing pains...well leukemia is the first thing that goes through some or most medical professionals.  Well one thing I've learned is that if cancer is on the spine.. there's not really much of a positive outcome.  So I was heartbroken and devastated when I was told that's where his cancer is.  It's just not fair.  Anyways... It has been really stressful for me because it's constantly been on my mind.  I really haven't seen my friends at all and tonight I get to have a normal Saturday evening with them all.  I'm extremely excited and in need of a good night out with friends and laughter.

Okay, well it's time to get back to the books now! =)
Wills, Trusts, and Probate- Prepare to be studied!

I hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend even though it is breathtakingly bitter outside.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate cold weather?  In case I have failed to notify you of this...

I HATE WINTER
=)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images