No Creative Name.. Sorry!

A friend of mine told me a couple of weeks ago that it's times like this when you learn who your true friends are.  Well she was absolut...

A friend of mine told me a couple of weeks ago that it's times like this when you learn who your true friends are.  Well she was absolutely right.  I'm not surprised to see the few people that don't care, haven't said a word to me since Chris and I broke up.  To be honest, I wasn't really expecting a lot of people to talk to me after the whole thing went down.  I know that I came into the circle of friends through Chris, So I was expecting to be sord of "pushed out" through Chris too.  Not that I'm saying he would tell everyone not to hang out with me.  I know he wouldn't do that.  Just saying, most people kinda go back to how it was before the "girlfriend" came into the picture.  But it's been really nice to hear from the one's I've grown to really enjoy.  The people that accepted me for who I was, and not just because I was their friends' girlfriend.  These last couple of weeks have been rough.  No matter how may day was; shitty, fantastic, so-so.. I was always excited to come home and tell Chris about it.  He is... was my best friend.  Now when I have something exciting (or not so exciting) to tell the world, all I want to do is drive home and tell him, or call him and tell him.  But it's not my home anymore.  And I can't just pick up the phone and dial his number anymore.  No not only was I scared of losing my best friend, I was scared of losing all the friends I had accumulated through him.  I also have a hard time with losing another family.  But it truly has been encouraging to know that through all this, I do still have those friends that I can call.  And they are here for me when I need them.  (Thank you girls!)

Zumba killed me once again.  I was sweating in places I never thought I could sweat.  Felt really good though, until I was walking to the locker room and saw Chris and Pat walking into the Gym.  Good thing I was done with class because I suddenly felt sick to my stomach.  I'm not sure if it was the high intensity of the class or seeing Chris for the first time in a while, but a couple of minutes and an empty stomach later, I felt miserable.  I started watching Sex and the City (Season two) lastnight, and it was an episode where Bigg and Carrie had a big break up (their first of many) and Charlotte made some comment about how it takes half the time of the relationship to get over that person.  Chris and I dated for a year and 10 months.  If that has any truth to it, this is going to be the roughest 11 months of my life!

Okay, I'm still wearing my very damp workout clothes, and I have a lot of unpacking/organizing to get to.  Not to mention I should really try to eat something.

Thanks for reading,
TK

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have so much to write but don't feel right saying exactly what I want to. I feel for you and know what you have been through. Regardless of how this pans out, whether this is just a break or an end, you will get thru this. Don't let yourself get down, and if you do, call someone. Talk it out, watch something funny, get some sun, go out and dance, do what makes you happy. You will be OK :)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images